top of page
  • Writer's pictureBrad and Kate

Saying goodbye is hard but made Friends that will last a lifetime!

Thursday was a rough day for Jose and I. We had to drop Addy and Brad off at the airport and it was really hard. We knew we were going to miss them so much and I felt so alone. Its always amazing to me how God knows what we need and he puts people into our lives at just the right time. Friday our agent Soraya invited me over for lunch and we had a delicious meal and just hung out at her house. It was so nice to get out and to talk to someone. Then on Saturday I asked Julieth if she wanted to go see a movie and go for dinner. That was such a treat. I did not understand any of it because it was all in spanish but Jose and Julieth liked it. Then we went to Crepes and Waffles which is one of my favorite places to eat. We had a turkey panini and also for dessert a waffle with strawberries and ice cream. It was delicious. Jose loved his chocolate ice cream. Sunday we went to Church with Soraya and meet 2 other families who were adopting and that was so nice. After church we went to the market and then she invited me back to her house where my new friend from NJ cooked us a delicious meal. My friend Nayma is adopting a 7 year old beautiful girl and her and Jose had so much fun together. Jose has been doing really well. He had a hard time sharing but he is slowly learning. He is going to be in for a rude awakening when he gets home and has 4 siblings to share with. He is doing much better. Each day I see progression and I see him understanding me more and more. Love can speak in so many languages. Monday was quite a day. We had to leave our apartment at 5am and drive 2 hours to La Mesa to see the Judge to make Jose officially our son. I was so glad that he did not get car sick. We were swearing back and forth for 1 1/2 hours through the mountains. I swear that they have no breaks on there cars. It was a crazy drive but absolutely beautiful. We got to La Mesa around 8am and we had a quick breakfast. Then we went to get paperwork done and to meet the judge. Everything went really well or at least we thought. We were driving about 15 min out of La Mesa when Julieth realized that one of the papers was wrong. So we needed to turn around and go back. At this point Jose was sleeping on my lap which I was hoping he would sleep most of the way back through the winding road but we had to turn around which messed up his nap. So what we thought was only going to take an hour ended up taking 4 hours and it was hot and their were no parks in La Mesa for Jose to play at. So we tried to make the best of it and entertain a 3 year old. Finally we left at 3 pm and got back to our apartment at 6. We were tired, hungry and needed a shower. He did so well overall. We slept well that night and got up the next morning (Tuesday) and had to meet to get some more papers signed and also apply for Jose's passport. In the afternoon we meet our friends Nayma and Sarah and we hung out at our apartment and went to the park. We later got ice cream and ate at a great restaurant called Masa that is right near our apartment. I feel so blessed that God has put this friend in my life. We have laughed together and cried together during this process. I thought my heart was prepared for what it was going to be like but it has been hard and amazing all at the same time. It breaks my heart all these children who need a family and they might never get one. I am so proud of the families who have adopted older children and welcomed them into their homes. I talked to the one family at church who has a total of 10 kids. 2 years ago they had adopted 4 colombian siblings. She said it had its hard times but they would never change it and now they are back adopting 2 older boys (15 and 16).The boys just cried in their dads arms when they first meet him and would not let go. They were so glad to have a father who loved them. Its such a beautiful thing and such an amazing example of what Christ has done for each and everyone of us. We come to him broken and hurt but he loves us no matter what. I am so grateful for all your prayers and support. Jose and I are hoping to fly home on Friday if everything goes as planned but we will not know till the day before. We are enjoying our time together and I am so blessed to have this boy in my life and call him my son. He is going to love his siblings.

161 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page